Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Why are we having church on Christmas Day?

Why is Journey Christian Church having church on Christmas Day?

Why is Journey Christian Church having church on Christmas?  Please note that every church had to make this decision for themselves, and I am in no way criticizing any other local church.  But please also note that our decision was made with some clear thinking and reasoning by the staff and elders.  Actually, it wasn't really much of a point of discussion, and there was no real debate.  There was more of an agreed upon foundation.  When I recently read a blog post by Kevin DeYoung (link below), I found that he had articulated well the reasoning that I held to and the reasoning that I thought might also serve you well.  I encourage you to read it and process what he says.  And whether you agree with Kevin (and with Journey), I hope you will join us on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and even invite some others to join you.

In Jesus,
Pastor Steve

https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/kevindeyoung/2016/12/01/a-plea-to-pastors-dont-cancel-church-on-christmas/

No comments:

Post a Comment